Current Curve Black cardholders: Subscriptions and Grandfathering

subscription

I sent my referral link to my dad, who has not yet applied but would love the new features. Does he have to wait for the physical card ro use it or can he still access his curve card info from the app?
Thanks

New blue card? Don’t you mean the standard blue card? Not unless Curve is relaunching the blue card as well.

He unfortunately has to wait for the card to arrive through the post before he can use it. I normally only takes a few days to arrive as it’s sent by Royal Mail.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant with new blue card as in “the current blue card model that works for the AmEx feature - as the old blue card (before the update) didn’t offer any AmEx feature” :wink:

You might want to re-write this @Curve_Marie as it reads like you can be grandfathered after trying New Curve Black or Curve Metal but at the same time above this, you state:

“Please note that if you upgrade to Metal you can’t go back to the original Curve Black (Black Legacy Card) and be grandfathered.”

Tad confusing…which one is it…as far as I can gather there is no 2 month grace period for metal, just a trial 2 months after which your off to blue or New Black?

That’s ok I understand. :+1:

You should have or will get an email that will state the following:

The Curve Amex Closed Beta has officially ended!

Many thanks for your testing and feedback in the past few months. We couldn’t have done it without you.

As a Curve Beta tester you will have a longer trial period of the new Curve Black benefits (6 months instead of 3 for any other Curve Black cardholder), and you will still be able to revert to your Curve Black Legacy card benefits if you so wish. It’s our small token of appreciation.

So the longer trial period is for beta testers that we want to thank for helping us.

Thanks for clarifying, received the general one before receiving the beta test one. Thanks!

Will do my very best to catch all the questions today and find answered to them the upcoming days. You can find the living document here: January Launch FAQs

Yep, received the email and thanks.

Do you have a plan to have threads for us to report ongoing bugs with the release version on iOS and Android?

I’m a legacy Curve Black holder and beta tester. If I upgrade to Metal I can get 4 months free, but does anyone know if there is any way to apply these 4 free months to the annual (single payment) cost? Or am I forced to take the more expensive pay monthly option?

Yes, you can get the annual subscription, but you will initially have to pay the £150 for annual subscription. You will then have to contact support@imaginecurve.com and the will refund 2 months worth of subscription to you.

Sorry for the cumbersome process, but it is rather the exception than the rule (only beta users get 4 months for free) and you get 2 months for free on top of the two free months that you get for taking theb annual subscription. :wink:

Thanks Tobias. So to clarify, I am a beta tester. On that basis do I receive a two month or a four month refund against the £150?

There’s a section for Beta testers here: January Launch FAQs

Please join the topic Bug Report - iOS v.3.0.1 / Bug Reports - Android v.2.1.1

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

split this topic #280

A post was merged into an existing topic: We Have Launched Metal - UK!

Good plan, Marie.

It’ll be handy as the list of questions begins to grow, to sort them into logical groups where possible eg.,
Card colour,
Amex stuff,
Grandfathering outcomes etc

• hopefully that’ll limit the need for unnecessary questions later…:roll_eyes:

Does Curve not claim to have 300,000 customers? If each tops up to Amex £1,000 that is £300,000,000 no? Neither Curve nor Wirecard (German passported under EU rules) has a banking licence. @Curve_Marie @Lucas @james3uk

Wirecard does have a banking license

Is there any way I can verify that I’m still under the old grandfathered Curve Black?