Confused about Curve Cash!

I’m a little confused about Curve Cash - or at least how to spend it.

I have a small balance in Curve Cash but I cannot find anyway of spending it with out being very careful what I buy. What I mean is that if I have £20 in my curve cash then I cannot spend it if my shopping bill comes to more than £20. I have to split up my shopping and stop when I am still just below my Curve Cash balance. Obviously this is a right pain when in a supermarket because you cannot always see what the current total is and I really don’t like repeatedly asking the cashier to do a sub-total for me.

Am I right that this is the only way to use it? It seems that there will always be a small balance left in the Curve Cash because it is going to be almost impossible to “spend” the exact amount.

1 Like

This will be the same for a current account if you have 1.67 Euros on this account you wouldn’t be able to spend more than this !!

1 Like

Currently, there’s no way to do partial payments with Curve Cash.

There’s a feature coming soon :tm: to automatically pay with Curve Cash if there’s enough balance, which will be really nice.

You could do a Revolut top up for the exact amount you have in Curve cash. Minimum top up is 10£ I believe? Then transfer that to your bank account. Bit of a roundabout way but it works. It’s what I’ve been doing.

2 Likes

Curve Cash is a ridiculous system and setup from the beginning and it’s certainly not getting any better with more currencies coming forward. The only way is to avoid it like the plague and should you still end up with a small slush fund there, do like @Frenchy above mentioned - transfer it into Revolut which actually lets you handle YOUR money the way YOU like and not via ridiculous rules like no ATM, only exact value and other nefarious rules like that.

Avoid it like the plague!

1 Like

For lower amounts you can create a Payment link in Revolut and pay via that using your Curve Cash card.

2 Likes

I really wonder how do you plan to avoid it, if money is beeing sent there automatically by Curve :smile:

Ah nice! Thanks for the tip.

1 Like