Card billing address outside Europe - no longer supported?

Previously you could add a card with a billing address pretty much anywhere (eg: Australia, USA etc), with the latest update you can only add a card with a billing address in Europe.

Is there anyway around this?

Support for Swiss Credit Cards

Really, that’s a big bummer. :frowning:

I will test and confirm in 2 days.

If yes, curve is becoming more and more like a paperweight.

I can see the option for any country in the world :confused:

Eek - I hope nothing happens to cards that have already been added, I love Curve for making my 5x/mo ING Australia transactions!

Thanks. I was worried. If curve does something like that, i will stop curve. period.

Are you using the latest version of the Curve app? This only changed for me in the last few days.

See following picture for what I see when trying to set the country:

Just tested adding a USD card on the latest app, added no problems.

Was that using the iphone or Android app?

I’m using Android fyi. (app version 2.1.4+20104)

I’m seeing the same thing on Android V 2.1.4+20104.

Edit: It’s working on iOS 3.0.1.1556

I wonder if this is a bug with the new Android release, or their new policy going forward.

I notice all existing cards with non-European addresses are still in there, and functioning okay.

Hello there,
We are licensed to provide service customers who have permanent residency and are living in the following countries:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • United Kingdom (excluding Crown Dependencies: Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man)

Yeah, there are people who are permanent residents in Europe and still have cards from other countries, though.

Then please send us documentation of your address change so we can update your account :slight_smile:

But our address hasn’t changed? - we’ve just got cards from more than one country! (e.g., from living/working there previously) Has there been a policy change? I’ve got a few cards from Oz and had no issue adding them to Curve, are they going to stop working?

Sorry for missing that point - operating on little sleep at the moment :sweat_smile:

There was a bug with the newest release that unverified some customers’ underlying cards. I’ll check up on it and will write you an update.

LOL I can imagine. Thanks, sounds good.

Thanks Marie - please don’t give more shockers like this :wink:

If the bug was that it unverified some customer’s cards, does that mean I won’t be able to add any new cards with a billing address outside of Europe?

You should be able to verify the cards, including cards with billing address outside of Europe. If you haven’t been able to add your underlying funding card Customer Support might have to delete it from our system before you can successfully re-add it.

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I don’t want to hijack the thread but, what i’m trying to do is add a new card that has not been added before however, I don’t have the option to select the country that the card is billed in. It only has options from European countries. I am on android.