Cannot verify mobile number - messages not received

Is anyone else having this issue? I’m trying to activate my card but before that I need to verify my mobile number in app. The trouble is the sms with verification code never comes through. The issue is not my phone as I regularly receive sms messages from other numbers. I’ve asked support about this via email and they said they would send me a code but have received nothing and they take days to get back to you!

I really like the idea of Curve, but the lack of customer service is really putting me off…

Hello all
I have been a curve blue user for a while now and recently requested a replacement card as mine was getting a bit beat up.
Once the card came it asked me to verify my phone number to activate the card.
I’m still waiting for a code to be sent to my phone despite numerous attempts and waiting 3 days for a code to ping through.
I have tried reinstalling the app and contacting customer service by email and are currently still waiting ( 2 days now ) for a reply.
I am unable to use my new card or my old card rendering the service useless.
Can anyone help ?

Sorry there’s nothing we can do on here to fix it :slightly_frowning_face: I see you’ve already contacted support, hopefully they’ll get back to you soon.