Bug with new way of displaying refunds for preauths

Hi,

Really love the way refunds and preauthorisation corrections are now displayed clearly in the app.

There is a bit of an issue with preauth corrections though - the app is displaying the actual amount charged rather than the amount refunded

Take the example below - a preauthorisation for £29 for which the eventual charge was £3.19. My bank correctly shows a £29 charge and a £25.81 refund:

But the Curve app shows a £29 charge and a £3.19 refund:

Not necessarily and issue for me because I understand the process and what happens, but might potentially cause some serious confusion to someone who doesn’t understand!

My suggestion would be to actually have both…

Something like £3.19 final charge, £25.81 refunded, for absolute clarity.

Thanks,

Andrew

4 Likes

Yeah that’s definitely confusing if you don’t check your bank statement. The Curve screenshot essentially says you’ve been charged 29-3,19 = 25,81 GBP which is incorrect. Good spot Andrew, I hope they can fix this one soon.

To be honest I’m a bit frustrated that they still haven’t bothered to reply to acknowledge it! I’m glad somebody else noticed…

@Curve_Marie has anyone at Curve seen this? It still doesn’t seem to be behaving right?

1 Like

Agreed. It also doesn’t seem to be showing some transactions as spends when they’ve been preauthorisation or declined transactions leading you to have to check the underlying card’s statement.

Hi @andyk,

Sorry for missing this. I’ve let the team know. Thank you for posting!

Hi @Curve_Marie,

Thanks so much - look forward to an update!

Hope you and the team are all keeping safe and well :slight_smile:

1 Like