Better card image submitting process // Personal card images

To quote myself from this topic:

Agreed. When submitting card images, I’ve had to wait anywhere from 1 to 7 months to see them reflected in the app.

4 Likes

I have submitted one design in January this year, but still to no avail. I doubt if there’s a point in doing that for the rest of my new cards. I also think that there should be an option for personal graphics as some of my card issuers let me choose my own design as a part of the onboarding process.

2 Likes

There are certain cards where custom images created by Curve already exist but due to BIN changes a generic image is shown instead. Nonetheless Curve asks for new images…

As an example, the Portuguese Universo card, a dual debit/credit card, has a custom image shown in app when added the card number corresponding to the credit card. The debit card, which in the physical card has its number printed on the back has no custom image

There are also cases of a custom image existing, however said image is for a totally different card

I do think it is a great idea Pawel! We know some things take a bit longer than expected and it would be helpful if customers could at least use their desired card images before they are approved :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Checked with our Design Team - there’s currently a large backlog of images to be produced and the lead time for it to appear in the app is around 3 months.

Building the process that you describe @Pawel would require a substantial amount of engineering resources and probably wouldn’t be prioritised in the short or medium term. That being said, we do need to update the process to become a lot more efficient than it currently is.

2 Likes

I am pretty much aware of that. That is definitely not urgent, just a nice touch to the app that could arrive once more important issues are settled. However, I think creating such solutions is the general route Curve should follow to make a more scalable and intuitive product in the future.

Good to hear a timeframe for that! Gonna wait patiently, then.

1 Like

On the other hand, just allowing users to upload an image of their choice should be pretty easy.

2 Likes

If it was pretty easy and straight forward it would be in the works as current process isn’t as efficient as we would like it to be :upside_down_face:

1 Like