Apple Pay - When?

ios

Hopefully this hasn’t already been asked (apologies if it has)…when Apple Pay eventually goes live, will it be available to all Curve card holders or only those on a subscription?

0 Likes

Apple take a very small percentage (something like 0.15%) of each transaction that the customer makes. Apple doesn’t want the customer to pay for this, so I’d assume that Apple Pay would only start working on Curve on a subscription based plan… so that Curve can cover this small fee per transaction.

0 Likes

If that fee amount is indeed accurate then Curve only gets 0.05% for debit cards and 0.15% for credit cards. That’s not a small fee by any means!

0 Likes

Some more reading above, which highlights the costs… I’m not clued up on what percentage is high or not, apology for that. Seemed low for me…

0 Likes

Hi @bells

The whole Apple Pay et al is discussed in some depth here…
Curve Black Legacy Migration Update

0 Likes

Thanks @Graham…I have written a few posts in that thread.

You may not have noticed, but I actually posted this question before the other thread was started. Not sure why I had a feeling that’s what they would do​:thinking:although in all fairness I expected Blue to be excluded as well so at least that’s something :grin:

0 Likes

Apple’s fee of 0.15% was quoted by the media when Apple Pay was first launched in the United States, where interchange fees are very high. Regulation (EU) 2015/751 has limited interchange fees in the European Economic Area to 0.3% for credit cards and to 0.2% for debit cards with effect from 8 June 2015. Given that 0.15% would be unworkable for EEA card issuers, I understand that Apple monetises Apple Pay in other ways in the EEA, perhaps levying a fee per card issued.

I believe that Apple takes a dim view of card issuers charging card holders for Apple Pay, directly or indirectly, and might even prohibit it.

0 Likes