Apple Pay - When?

Getting slightly concerned having read archived news that it took Monzo almost a year later to launch Apple Pay from launching GooglePay. Only this morning I decided to go out forgetting my wallet, but was able to pay for items in the shop using my AppleWatch, but this had to be my original bank card as that is all that is registered! Thus meaning I lost out on cashback rewards. I appreciate Apple and iOS is a whole battlefield to jump through in terms of setting up such a thing, compared to Android, but will we have to wait another year before Curve rolls this out…

1 Like

Curve with Apple Pay will be like Apple Pay for almost every bank card. The only benefit currently is cashback, but it will expire soon.
Just for reference - some small local fintech companies already added Apple Pay, without promises, 5 months after official launch of Apple Pay in the country.

2 Likes

Just be honest with us - when will Apple Pay arrive?

3 Likes

Just to say (I am new, its probably been mentioned above) Apple can have NDA requirements meaning they (curve) cant talk about how far the process is through before it is approved/ready to go live.

2 Likes

I hope there is a launch soon (not Curve-“soon”). The moment that happens, I would replace Revolut with Curve for all my domestic purchases (and most foreign).

Currently my Curve card has been manually locked by me and remained at home ever since Revolut launched Apple Pay…

2 Likes

Oh man… Now I find myself checking and updating the community CONSTANTLY looking for an Apple Pay announcement :man_facepalming:t2:
I can´t wait, really :joy:

4 Likes

Amen! Literally waiting for @Curve_Marie to announce it on here and make my Christmas!

For someone who doesn’t carry their bank card for every day spending, this couldn’t come quick enough!!

2 Likes

Literally praying to multiple deities in the hopes that one of them can delivery Apple Pay before March 2020.

There was a message in separate thread:

No idea whether it’s true or not, but probably Apple Pay will be with us only somewhere in the beginning of 2020.

A good reason for Curve

Apple requires banks to give it a cut of the interchange fees associated with Apple Pay, but it doesn’t allow banks to recoup these costs from their customers.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Did Curve forget its non-UK-based customers?

Ignoring the propaganda above, this is just a daily note that we still want Apple Pay :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Curve have previously said Apple Pay would launch in 2019. Fingers crossed that they keep to their word!

Curve also stated in November 2016 at https://imaginecurve.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/what-payment-technologies-does-curve-support that *Apple Pay is also coming later in 2016". Therefore I wouldn’t believe anything that Curve says about the timeline for implementing Apple Pay.

That’s website has being taken down

Hmm I’m still hopeful it will come in 2019 :sweat_smile:

Still hopeful but I can see the 2020 market looking quite busy, with features like Express Transit feature for TfL being implemented (and tied to Apple Pay) will make it even more compelling.

Who knows if Apple Card might even show up in the UK. I found that I’m using other metal card providers to supplement for now

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of this before but seems to be covered in this article - https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18645394/apple-pay-express-transit-london-tfl-tube-support-uk. With Android at present the phone works for low value (<£30) contactless with just the screen on and doesn’t need to be unlocked, so presumably this is something similar?

Yes indeed - however it is only applicable/enabled to certain terminals that Apple works together with the transit provider. It works without biometric authentication

Yes, I am looking forward to this, as the Amex card that I want as the default Apple Pay card on my Apple Watch is different from the Amex card that I use for TfL Being able to touch my Apple Watch on the yellow card reader without double-pressing and automatically using the correct card, as opposed to my default card, will be ideal.

1 Like