Amex topups stopped working today

Top up and pay with Amex worked fine yesterday. Tried to top up again today, but I got an error saying contact supplier. I called Amex, and they saw the attempted transaction but said its fine for them but it was Curve which cancelled the transaction.

Tried it twice, once with £5k and another with £2500. Both have same issue. Oddly, both show up as topups on my transactions list, but wallet is £0, and nothing charged to the Amex.

I’m not up against my daily limit (not spent anything yet today), nor monthly/annual limit. Am on Metal, so no limits there either.

Are Amex Topups working for everyone else?

Since the last update I have several issues also!
I can’t top up any of my 3 amex cards as I receive a contact your issuer message, same as @kryten22uk! They show up as topups on my transactions list, but wallet is £0.

I uninstalled and installed the app but nothing.
I removed one of the cards and now I cannot add it back or verify it since I am running in a couple of different issues !

For instance verification fails as it never asks for the code but instead immediately goes to the screen saying the code is incorrect!

I have tried logging out and in, removing the card and adding it again, but it just doesn’t work!

I have paid the full amount for the Metal subscription and Customer Service is nowhere to be seen!

Job well done curve!

Problem since app updated?

There is an issue…
Rob at Head for points at 10pm tonight has said that no topups are happening period and metal applications are currently “not available”…

Trouble in Paradise?

Well, if it aint deja vu all over again :wink:

Those old enough will recall a similar thing on first launch, when people went nuts for the Amex feature, and it was canned in no time.

There is an issue…
Rob at Head for points at 10pm tonight has said that no topups are happening period and metal applications are currently “not available”…

Trouble in Paradise?

Problem since app updated?

Let’s wait til it’s regular business hours again in London :wink:

Indeed. My money is on curve having topped our Metal amex wallets up by a grand each as a thankyou for being early adopters, and they needed to shut the system down to do it.
:slight_smile: :grinning:

I just rang Amex assuming it was an issue with my card and got told Amex are doing systemwide maintnence The person I spoke to said they could see the Curve transactions being declined because the merchant’s (Curve’s) contract with Amex had expired. They speculated that wasn’t likely to be the case and that could have been the result of the mainenence and I should try it again once maintenance was completed.

That said, if metal upgrades are on the blink, it might push onus back in Curve’s direction.

Bloody annoying as I’m in Colombia right now, so I’ll have to fall back to a non-points earning card or get fleeced on exchange rates.

Email from Curve:

We are extremely sorry that the top-up functionality of your Amex wallet is currently disabled.

Like thousands of other UK merchants, Curve has a valid merchant agreement to accept Amex payments into its e-wallet. However, on Tuesday evening, Amex decided to terminate this agreement and block all Amex transactions to Curve with immediate effect.

Amex has given no good or fair reason for their decision and we believe it is entirely disproportionate and discriminatory to Curve and all our (joint) customers. UK payment regulations clearly state that Curve should be allowed to access the Amex payment network on a level-playing field with every other fee-paying and legitimate merchant.

Rest assured that you can still spend the funds that you have already topped up to your existing Amex Wallets. If you have contacted us for support, we apologise for the delay in response and will endeavour to do so as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we have any further information.

With your interests in mind, and our mission to deliver a truly innovative product, we intend to fight Amex’s decision with our full might. We believe financial freedom is the future and we are prepared to fight for yours.

Team Curve

Please see here - https://community.curve.app/t/amex-blocks-curve-in-anti-competitive-move/4142/2

closed #11

Added curve email to news